More Dieter-Friendly Foods

Dieter-friendly foods typically share characteristics such as low calories, high fiber, and essential nutrients that support overall health while aiding weight management. I recently blogged about celery, which I call a "dieter's friend". Here are several other foods that can be classified as dieter-friendly, along with the reasons why they are effective for those looking to maintain or lose weight: Leafy Greens (spinach, kale, Swiss chard) High in fiber and very low in calories, leafy greens can be added to meals in large quantities without significantly increasing calorie intake. They're also rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) Berries are low in calories but high in fiber and nutrients. They also contain natural sugars, which can satisfy sweet cravings without the calorie load of refined sugars. Berries are also permitted on many low-carb diets. Just be careful not to eat too many. A handful as a topping fo

Starting My Low Carb Blog


Hi! My name is Marcy, and I began my journey to a new, healthier lifestyle in June of 2023. I was insulin dependent, physically very out of shape, and about 60 or 70 pounds overweight (not exactly sure because I never stepped on the scales, except when a doctor requested it during an appoinment).

I started this blog in October of 2023 to begin sharing some of my achievements, lessons learned, some of the goals I've met and new ones that I've made, and so on. Please believe that even though I've studied a lot to learn what I need to do to accomplish my personal goals, I AM NOT an expert, I DO NOT give advice on what you should eat, exercises you should do, NOR any medical advice (since I'm not a physician).

PLEASE inform yourself and seek any needed medical advice BEFORE you begin any diet or exercises, or other lifestyle changes. I don't give advice...I just record what I'm doing and whether or not it has worked FOR ME.

Comments

The information provided here is not intended as medical advice and should not be considered a substitute for professional healthcare guidance. It is offered for informational purposes only, and individuals should consult with qualified healthcare professionals for personalized advice regarding their health conditions.