More Dieter-Friendly Foods

Dieter-friendly foods typically share characteristics such as low calories, high fiber, and essential nutrients that support overall health while aiding weight management. I recently blogged about celery, which I call a "dieter's friend". Here are several other foods that can be classified as dieter-friendly, along with the reasons why they are effective for those looking to maintain or lose weight: Leafy Greens (spinach, kale, Swiss chard) High in fiber and very low in calories, leafy greens can be added to meals in large quantities without significantly increasing calorie intake. They're also rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) Berries are low in calories but high in fiber and nutrients. They also contain natural sugars, which can satisfy sweet cravings without the calorie load of refined sugars. Berries are also permitted on many low-carb diets. Just be careful not to eat too many. A handful as a topping fo

In My Mind I'm Still Fat


This is kind of weird. I mean, I know it has happened to other people, but when it happens to you, you might think you are a little bit crazy. Like something is wrong with your eyes or your brain. I'm talking about not being able to process the fact of weight loss.

I have lost 40 pounds so far, but when I look in the mirror I don't see that much difference. A little, but not 40 pounds worth of difference. I believe the scale, and I believe the other evidence such as my clothes being huge on me. I mean, I had to make serious alterations to all of my tops, removing 2.5 inches on each side. But sometimes it is hard to believe my new clothing sizes when I look at new clothes, whether it's online or in a store.

For example, I ordered a new pair of leggings. When I hold them up they look tiny, but when I put them on they fit comfortably and are somewhat loose. More like pants than leggings, really. Next time I'll order a smaller size, but my brain is still fighting against this new information.

Apparently this is normal. It takes time for the brain to adjust to the new "normal". One lady that I follow on YouTube has said the same thing. She has lost 120 pounds, and she looks great, but she said that it took a really long time for her brain to grasp the fact.

I have also been reading about body dysmorphia, but that seems to be more along the lines of having an actual phobia about your body because you can't stop thinking or obsessing about one or more individual features. Thank goodness I don't have that. I just can't seem to get my brain to actually register the fact that I've lost 40 pounds. It's so funny...

Comments

The information provided here is not intended as medical advice and should not be considered a substitute for professional healthcare guidance. It is offered for informational purposes only, and individuals should consult with qualified healthcare professionals for personalized advice regarding their health conditions.